Wanted: Java Web Developer
- Rotterdam-based position
- Start: As soon as possible
- Hours: Full-time
- Deadline to apply: We review applications on a rolling basis.
We’re looking for someone who’s as crazy about writing code as eating cake. Do you lie awake at night wondering how to crack the code? Do you start every email with “Hello, World!” Then we’re looking for you.
We’re helping our clients develop inspirational learning journeys with our platform. To make sure our platform keeps on developing, we need great talent to join our team.
You like working on the entire development process, from designing to implementation and testing. You are not a follower but you know how to stick to a plan and execute it. You’re up for a challenge and you come up with your own creative solutions. You are a team player, analytical, result orientated and love to learn.
Sound like you?
What will you be doing as a Java Web Developer? One of our developer shares his day:
“In a couple of weeks we will update the platform with lots of new features and functionalities. It’s Tuesday, so today we’ll start with a team meeting and discuss the upcoming release. Our clients will be really happy with this update. It’s going to be a team effort, but we will get the job done!”
What we ask
- A university or bachelor degree
- More than 3 years experience building Java (web) applications (J2EE)
- Knowledge of Linux, MySQL and Apache Tomcat
- Preferably, knowledge of Ant
- Available for 40 hours per week
What we offer you
- A challenging job in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Pension allowance and professional pension advice
- Smart, funny, helpful and friendly colleagues (the development team consists of 13 people)
- A delicious lunch every day
- Lots of cake
Who we are
We are excited about technology that empowers inspiring learning. We’ve developed a platform for training companies to create, curate and deliver blended learning. We are a Dutch company, based in Rotterdam. The working environment is stimulating, hectic but fun, and different every day. At aNewSpring, we like our no-nonsense approach. We believe in an open, positive and respectful collaboration. This approach allows us to improve continuously and offer our clients a better experience.
Does aNewSpring sound like a place that fits your ambitions? Send your motivation letter and CV to Yvo van Heijningen at email@example.com with ‘Application Java Web Developer’ in the subject line.
We review applications on a rolling basis. Please apply as soon as possible.
- A personality test (MBTI) is part of the application procedure.
- This position is only meant for direct candidates, solicitation by employment agencies will not be accepted.
Two future colleagues:
Rik Achterberg, Product Designer
We have a positive attitude, we’re dedicated and are always willing to help each other! We welcome new ideas, always want to learn and improve our code and processes.
Katalin Boer-Sorban, Developer
Your team lead:
Yvo van Heijningen, VP of Engineering
© 2016 ANEWSPRING