In November 2015, aNewSpring and Tulser organised ‘the impact of 70:20:10 on training providers’ Masterclass with Charles Jennings. In this blogpost we will share 3 examples of how training providers expanded their services to include the 70:20:10 model.
Are traditional training methods still effective enough?
Are the traditional ways of learning still effective at this point of time? Well, in our previous blogpost (‘Opportunities & threats for training providers’) Charles Jennings states that if training providers do not meet the demands of the modern times, they won’t be able to provide adequate solutions. Charles also explained that companies who do not change their ways will miss out on opportunities and in the long run could propose a threat to their organisation.
The 70:20:10 model
The 70:20:10 is a model that focuses on learning and development. It states that employees learn and develop at the following estimates:
- 70% – Experience: from doing the actual the job and fulfilling the day-to-day tasks
- 20% – Exposure: from learning and working with their colleagues and coaching from their supervisors
- 10% – Education: from structured courses and readings
70:20:10 opportunities for training providers
The opportunity for training providers that implement the 70:20:10 model is that they can expand their trainings and improve performance. This can be achieved by:
- embedding learning into work,
- learning that is part of your work ,
- or, by ensuring that the lessons learned during practical situations are made available for others.
3 Examples of successful training providers by Charles Jennings
In the following video Charles gives three examples of companies that have successfully implemented the 70:20:10 model:
As shown in the video, putting the 70:20:10 model into effect will allow training providers to:
- improve the effectiveness of their trainings,
- lessen the time away from work,
- reduce trainings,
- and lower costs.
This a win-win-win for organisations, training providers, and course participants.
Then read the following articles:
- ‘The opportunities and threats for training providers’ with Charles Jennings
- ‘Lessons learned from Charles Jennings’ Blogpost by aNewSpring
- Photo report – Masterclass: the impact of 70:20:10 on training providers’ with Charles Jennings